Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some Funny Quotations from our Conversations - By Alden


This trip, we have had a lot of funny moments! The funniest part about those moments are what we have said without realizing how funny it is until after it comes out of your mouth.

Here are some of our funnier moments:


  • Willow was explaining to Mom what she thought a word meant. Mom disagreed. Willow said: “I believe what I believe!”
  • After the hike around Fresh Water Lake, Addy (one of our friends from the village) and Willow just realized that the hike ended up in the same place as it started. They said: “OH MY GOSH! We’ve been tricked! This hike ends where it started!”
    1. On the hike to Jacko’s Steps, where the former runaway slaves (called maroons) escaped to live in the woods with a larger community of other maroons, we were hiking on the edge of a large cliff (probably 200 feet up) Willow was dancing and singing at the top of her lungs. Mom said to Willow: “Keep track of your body or you’ll fall off the cliff!”
    2. On the same hike, I was talking to my mom and I told her that I didn’t particularly like this hike. I quickly re-thought that and said: “Actually, I don’t really like any hike, I just do it for the water falls at the end.”
    3. Still at Jacko Steps on the same cliff, I nudged Willow along because she was going very slowly. Willow said to me: “Alden, you don’t push people when you’re on a cliff!”  As I looked down 200 feet to my left, I could see that there was some wisdom in that comment! 

    1 comment:

    1. too funny! loved the comment about the hiking- so true. they all made us laugh

      ReplyDelete