Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Willow's Observations About School in Dominica

We prayed a lot during the day.
We wore uniforms to school and for gym.
There was no TP in the bathrooms or soap so we brought our own.
Instead of drinking fountains, we drank out of the pipes.
Kids walked a long way or took the public bus. Seat belts didn’t always work.
Kids got hit with rulers when they got in trouble.
It was OK to share lunch and snacks.
Kids were allowed to drink soda at school.
To buy lunch, you could go into the street. You had a long time to eat.
There were no toys for the blacktop at recess so I brought some cards and games.
Kids wandered into the street after school to find a bus or hitchhike.

Now That I’m Back at Little Harbour:

I am so happy to see my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like morning routine because I know just what to do.
Ms. Freeman seems especially nice and even though she’s pretty strict, she’s funny.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your reality commentaries. It sounds very much like Peru. Especially the TP in the bathrooms part. Hahaha! We had t bring our own too. Your observations were wonderful. I bet you really can appreciate your room and your beautiful house and all your wonderful toys and yummy foods. I enjoyed reading all the posts even though it was just this week that I got to them. See you soon. I am so proud of you!!!
    Madame Berman

    ReplyDelete