Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alden's First Day reflections

As I run to the village for the first time, I feel the rush of the wind in my hair. I wave to the ladies in the shower caps saying hello. On my way down, I notice the chickens walking around me and clucking, sometimes pecking at my feet. I see a few of my friends, smiling while they help their mom hang up laundry and cook the fish for dinner.

They run up to me with open arms and huge smiles. I give them a hug and we go off to play on the beach. The sun is just setting and the sky is a pinkish-orange. My friends go back to help their mom before it gets too dark and we walk back up, warm and happy.

4 comments:

  1. Posting comments is easy - and can be fun! Just click on the Comments area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alden, you wonderfully evoke the village, the ladies, the chickens, the friends and the setting sun! I feel like I can see and feel it along with you! Keep up the great posts, I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alden, your words are incredibly descriptive, it feels like I'm there with you in the flesh. Wow, I am very jealous. Enjoy, live-it-up, and embrace all that time with your friends and of course your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can totally picture the village, people and the people around you. you are a great writer alden! :)

    ReplyDelete