Saturday, February 25, 2012

Willow's Finally Arrived

Dominican Hugs
By Willow

Chapter 1:
Getting on the airplane feels like we are being rushed. We don't have time to linger or talk until we start flying. I love seeing when we take off. I am looking forward to our trip. When we land in Dominica, it feels like our Portsmouth life is stopping and our Dominican life is starting.

Chapter 2:
The car ride to Mero Village from the airport is a bumpy, long adventure. I see cars thrown on the side of the road with windows smashed open The clay walls stack as tall I would think Mt. Everest is. I love the sweet breeze that blows in my hair and I roll down my window to feel it. When I hear dogs barking and horns honking and people saying, "yeah, man" in their Dominican accent, it makes me feel this is where I belong.

Chapter 3:
Running down to meet our friends is awesome and I wave to people on my way. The stone roads push against my feet. The hot sun warms my face. And then, I see my friends just waiting there for me with open arms and I run up to them and give a squeeze. Then I run down the beach and play until sunset.

Chapter 4:
The moon glows brightly and the sky is a pink, blue, orange and yellow blaze. As I run home with Alden I see old, beaten up houses and think to myself how fortunate I am! I hear waves crashing in the in the distance and dogs barking, and I think to myself, they are barking for me because I am finally here.

6 comments:

  1. Willow, you are a gorgeous writer! I can really feel what it feels and looks and sounds like to arrive in Dominica! I love hearing about the details and the friends and the moon, and also about your appreciation for how lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep these chapters coming little lady, you are amazing! Love to imagine the stone roads pushing against your feet and the hot sun warming your face...enjoy your time there Willow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite part of your story so far is the image of you and Alden playing at the beach with friends and then running home at sunset! Love reading your chapters...
    xo Annie (Opus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bo Billow, now I see where your mom and dad get their writing talents from... YOU! Your descriptions make me feel like I am walking right next to you. The happiest part is that your friends were waiting for you with open arms!!! Enjoy EVERY minute babycakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can feel your smile from here. i am so glad you have arrived!

    ReplyDelete